Veterinary Services provided by Plantation Pet Health Center (PPHC) include medical, surgical and dental care for dogs, cats and small animals in the Frisco, Allen, and Plano metropolitan area. Our mission is to provide our clients and their pets with comprehensive veterinary care in a pet-friendly, and professional environment. We understand the special role pets play in their owner’s lives and are committed to helping you care for your furry friend.
Our Veterinary Services includes wellness examinations for dogs and cats, vaccinations for kittens and puppies, caring for an elderly pet, preventative veterinary medicine, radiology, surgery and dental care.
At PPHC, our team collaborates with our clients to provide the best health care for your pet care. Our friendly staff is committed to providing personal attention and will strive to go the extra mile for you and your pet.
We encourage you to explore our website and we would love to have you visit in person. Please feel free to call us at 972-731-0001 for more information.
Veterinary Services at Plantation Pet Health Center
Because of the shorter lifespan of our pets, we stress the importance of an annual physical examination. Thorough check-ups and preventive care can help alleviate serious health problems. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to keep your companions feeling their best:
Doc Martin and his team at the Plantation Pet Health Center are available share their knowledge and expertise with owners of exotic pets about pet care and the special needs many of these pets require. Our vet hospital handles a vast majority of veterinary medical and surgical needs not only for traditional dog and cat pets; but also exotic pets including, but not limited to, birds, reptiles, and other small mammals and marsupials.
Pet Wellness Services and Wellness Testing
We offer and highly recommend regular wellness diagnostic testing in order to establish baseline values for future reference during times of illness, and to find diseases in their early stages before they cause outwards symptoms. This allows us to better address and treat those diseases.
Veterinary Internal Medicine: Pet Medicine
- Physical Examination: We recommend twice yearly wellness examinations. This helps us establish baselines for “normal” for your pet, but we can also find many conditions before they get out of hand. These examinations are recommended in addition to sick exams as problems arise.
- Veterinary Laboratory Services: Our convenient in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Veterinary Therapeutic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to care for your pets’ complete health care needs.
- Veterinary Electrocardiography Services: We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Veterinary Radiology Services: Our on-site, modern X-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs to aid in the quick diagnosis of many disorders.
- Immunizations: We offer lifestyle specific immunizations or vaccinations (Pet Vaccination Protocols) for your pet. During the wellness examinations we will discuss your pet’s lifestyle and exposure risk while taking into consideration the previous vaccination history so that we may arrive at a customized immunization approach. We offer 3 year “core vaccinations” (rabies vaccination and distemper combination vaccinations) for dogs and cat, as well as many of the non-core vaccinations indicated for some but not all pets.See t he attached link for a more in depth explanation.
Veterinary Specialty Referral
Sometimes medical conditions need specialized veterinary surgical or medical treatment that cannot be adequately addressed within the average veterinary hospital. As part of your pet’s overall health, we enjoy the benefits offered by the many veterinary specialists available by referral.
Please call our main telephone number for instructions for after-hour emergencies.
Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Permanent identification: We offer microchip identification.
- Veterinary Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient’s vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
Veterinary Dentistry and Dental Surgery
Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, tooth extractions and minor oral surgery.
Veterinary Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet. We also carry a full line of prescription diets.
Veterinary Pain Management: Is Your Pet In Pain? We strive at every opportunity to do all we safely can to alleviate and even eliminate as much pain as possible. We are strong believers in using multi-modal therapy when needed. This means we may be using smaller doses of several treatments to get an additive effect while minimizing side effects from any one treatment plan.
Veterinary Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet’s nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.
Veterinary Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression. We also have information to direct you for more specialized behavioral consultation should the need arise.
Caring for an Elderly Pet
Elderly pets often have different needs than do younger pets. Senior pets have different sensitivities as well. Often it is important to also look strongly at quality of life decisions as well when deciding on a treatment regimen for senior pets. If the medication will cause more discomfort than the underlying condition, then one must consider that in weighing quantity of life against quality of life. We have decades of experience in counseling clients in these decisions as well.
Veterinary Euthanasia: Euthanasia provides a painless, peaceful end for a pet who would otherwise continue to suffer. Sometimes medicine or surgery just can’t remedy the problem at hand and further difficult decisions need to be made. Your veterinarian has special training to provide your pet with a humane and gentle passing.
Individualized Flea/Tick/Parasite Control Programs: We develop programs for the specific needs of your pet and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control various parasites in your house, in your yard and on your pet.
Pet Boarding Service
We provide pet boarding as a service to our clients. All boarders receive personal attention from our caring staff. Pets may be dropped off and picked up during regular business hours Monday through Saturday. All pets boarding with us must be current on core vaccinations and Bordetella for dog. We do not recognize vaccinations given by owners or lay personnel, only those administered by a veterinarian. This is the only way we can ensure that they were shipped, stored, mixed, and administered properly. One of the benefits of boarding with your pet’s doctor is that our staff is trained to spot problems much sooner than other facilities might, and if treatment is needed, they are already in the best place to receive this treatment efficiently and in a timely manner.
Pet Grooming Services
We are equipped to do basic grooming procedures such as baths, dips, pedicures, ear cleanings, and anal sac expression. In some specific cases we are able to provide sanitary cuts as well. At this time we do not have a professional groomer on staff to do hair cuts and shaping techniques.
Bathing: Routine and therapeutic bathing services are available.
Special Pet Offers: Specials, Promotions and Discounts
If you would like to learn more about the Plantation Pet Health Center, please call 972-731-0001 to schedule an appointment or complete an Online Appointment Request.