Pet Boarding Services at the Plantation Pet Health Center are provided with the highest quality of veterinary services to your pet while you are absent. Rest assured, your loved one is watched over by an animal specialist supervised by our veterinarians. Any medical issues are addressed immediately.
Going out of town?
Traveling is stressful enough without worrying over what to do with your pet while you’re on vacation.
When you leave town, you have several pet care options:
- Hiring a pet sitter, friend, or neighbor to stop by your home for walks and mealtimes
- Bringing your pets to an area pet sitter for in-home boarding
- Boarding your pet at our kennel or ask for recommendations from fellow pet owners or your veterinarian to find pet boarding services you can trust
- Taking your pets with you! Make sure that your vacation is pet-friendly first, as many attractions and hotels have “no pets” policies in place
For longer trips, boarding your pet at our kennel may be a better option as neighbors and pet sitters may not have the time to give your pet the attention they need. Remember that we have a veterinarian available 24/7 for any medical issues.
How to Evaluate Pet Boarding Services
While considering whether boarding your pet at a kennel is best for you and your pet, there are several factors to take into account.
A good kennel allows you to:
- Avoid exposing your pet to the anxiety that comes with car or air travel
- Ensure that your pet is safe and secure while you’re away
- Know that your pet is receiving sufficient care and attention from trained professionals
- Climate controlled environment, with ready access to veterinary care.
Potential complications of pet boarding include:
- Your pet may develop stress related to the change in environment
- The other boarded pets may expose your pet to health problems
Boarding with Plantation Pet Health Center or finding a good kennel with a knowledgeable and caring staff will optimize your pet’s boarding experience and minimize your worries so you can enjoy your time away.
Pet Boarding Services at Plantation Pet Health Center
Plantation Pet Health Center offers clean, comfortable, and climate-controlled boarding services for your pets, with the added bonus of ready access to Doc Martin and his team of experienced and caring veterinary professionals. Our goal is to give your pet a safe and happy experience and allow you to enjoy your time away by knowing your pet is receiving the best care possible.
Pet Illness During Boarding
Our doctor will examine your pet at no additional charge should they develop and display any signs of illness during their stay (e.g. vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, abnormal urine, sores, etc.). Once the examination is complete, you will be contacted at the number you provide for authorization for any testing or treatment the doctor feels is indicated. This of course only applies to symptoms developed while in our care and not those present prior to admission or wellness examinations for vaccinations, etc.
Pet Boarding Discount for Family of Multiple Pets (Dogs and Cats Only)
The only other time that multiple pets (dogs and cats only) per cage would not apply would be if either becomes aggressive towards the other, or if size or health (e.g. diarrhea, vomiting, contagious condition, etc.) do not allow for multiple occupancy. In these instances, boarding will be at full price only for those days when pets are separated from each other.
We will make every effort to accommodate these families, but will not sacrifice the health or safety of the pet for the sake of price or convenience.
Please call our office for current boarding prices and multiple pet discounts opportunities.
Pet Grooming Services
- Although we do not provided full service grooming (cutting, styling, shaping, etc.) we do offer basic grooming type services (bathing, drying, brushing, nail trims, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, etc.)
- Reduced rates on pet grooming services are available to our boarders so you can come home to a fresh furry friend.
- Bathing at the end of boarding is recommended but not required.
- All bathing is done on the final day of boarding so those receiving a bath will not be ready for release until the afternoon to allow for bathing and drying time.
Pet Boarding Policies at Plantation Pet Health Services
- For the protection of our boarders, all pets are required to be current on vaccinations and must have had a negative intestinal parasite screen within the past year.
- During high volume times such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, etc., we require a deposit to hold your reservation.
To reserve space for your pet at the Plantation Pet Health Center in Frisco, or for further information regarding our pet boarding services, please call 972-731-0001 or complete an Online Appointment Request.